AMSA Approved Courses
The courses listed here meet the standard of the IMO STCW 78 as Amended Convention (commonly known as STCW 95) and or that of Marine Orders.
- The information regarding courses only lists the AMSA approved courses, which are currently available and is a guide only;
- Applicants may have completed courses in the past, which are not on this list however it does not necessarily mean that they are not accepted for issue of an appropriate certificate. Applicants who consider that they have previously completed an AMSA approved course should contact the nearest AMSA examination office for clarification;
- Applicants wishing to obtain a certificate of safety training or competency from AMSA meeting the requirements of the IMO STCW 78 as Amended Convention should ensure that they are undertake an AMSA approved course;
- The colleges and training providers listed here are all AMSA approved and conduct the courses indicated, however AMSA does not endorse one college or training provider in preference to another.
Applicants should note:
- When carrying out an assessment of an application, AMSA will only issue a letter of assessment covering the sea service and other relevant criteria for meeting the eligibility requirements for issue of the certificate applied for.
- AMSA will not issue a letter giving approval for an applicant to attend a particular college course as each individual AMSA approved college sets it's own course entry criteria.