Exemption 46 — Marine Safety (Coxswain Grade 3) Exemption 2022
You do not need to apply to use this exemption.
What this exemption will allow you to do
This exempts any person who previously operated under Exemption 38 – Marine safety (low complexity duties), from the requirement to hold a certificate of medical fitness (domestic seafarers) until 31 December 2023.
This exemption automatically applies if, before 1 January 2023, you:
- completed training and final practical assessment in line with Exemption 38, or
- held a state or territory-issued recreational boating licence, a marine card, and
- operated only in a marina or mooring area in accordance with Exemption 38.
Legislation and incorporated material
- Marine Order 501 (Administration—National Law)
- Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency—national law)
- Transitional arrangements for people holding or operating under an Exemption 38 (Low complexity duties)
- Certificate of competency application (AMSA 426)
- Fees, levies, and payments
- Domestic qualifications
- Changes to domestic certificates of competency from 1 January 2023 — new Marine Order 505 (amsa.gov.au)