You need to show you have experience working at sea on board commercial or recreational vessels. You must have completed either:
- 10 days with a completed AMSA task book
- 50 days without an AMSA task book.
If you have completed an AMSA task book you must attach a copy of the seafarer details page to your application.
You need to submit at least one of the following as proof of qualifying sea service:
- Record of sea service form 771
- the on board sea service record from your task book
- a letter from the vessel operator, owner, master or chief engineer detailing your sea service
- an approved sea service log book.
Read more about qualifying sea service.
If you want a task book
You can get a Coxswain grade 2 task book from us or from some registered training organisations. To order a task book directly from us, use the AMSA chargeable publications order form.
Read more about task books.