You need to show you have 120 days at sea, as officer of the watch, in the last 5 years.
You need to submit at least one of the following as proof of qualifying sea service:
- Record of sea service form 771
- an approved sea service task book
- a letter from the vessel operator, owner, master or chief engineer detailing your sea service
- a declaration acceptable to AMSA.
If you do not have the required the sea service you must provide evidence of one of the following:
- completed an approved final assessment
- at least 60 days sea service in the last six months
- for a seasonal fisher, worked in a seasonal fishery for at least 120 days in the five years before the application
- other approved industry experience (for example, state or territory marine safety agency assessor, fleet manager, shore-side servicing, maritime studies teacher at a registered training organisation, marine surveyor)
- completed the Master <80m task book since obtaining your Master less than 80 metres near coastal.
If you want a task book
You can get a Master <80m task book from us or from some registered training organisations. To order a task book directly from us, use the AMSA chargeable publications order form to purchase your task book.
Read more about task books.