Sea service must be done:
- on vessels with steam propulsion power up to 750 kilowatts
- while performing duties as an assistant to an engineer or engine driver, or as a general purpose hand.
You must show you have completed 100 hours and specific tasks, in an approved steam task book, that we have determined as relevant for the vessel.
Attach a copy of the seafarer details page from your task book to your application.
You need to submit at least one of the following as proof of qualifying sea service:
- Record of sea service form 771
- an approved sea service log book
- the on board sea service record from your task book
- a letter from the vessel operator, owner, master or chief engineer detailing your sea service.
Read more about qualifying sea service.
Get a task book
To get a steam task book contact AMSA Connect.