To apply for a standard revalidation you will need to:
Submit the following with your completed Certificate of competency form 426:
- Passport style photograph against a white background to be printed onto your certificate
- Certified copy of your proof of identity.
- Current approved first aid certificate of at least HLTFA Apply first aid or another certificate that we consider to be equivalent. You do not need to submit this if you are renewing a Coxswain Grade 2 near coastal with no passenger endorsement.
- Copies of your original certificate.
- Payment of the renewal fee, this can be by credit card over the phone or by using the domestic credit card authorisation form.
Lodge from overseas
You will need to attach all required supporting documents and send the paperwork to us at our postal or courier address:
- Postal address—Australian Maritime Safety Authority Seafarer Certification Service, GPO Box 2181 Canberra City ACT 2601 Australia
- Courier address—Australian Maritime Safety Authority Seafarer Certification Service, 82 Northbourne Avenue Braddon ACT 2612 Australia
You must include payment with your application.