You need to show you have experience working in any deck capacity on commercial vessels greater than or equal to 12 metres long. You must have completed either:
- 300 days with a completed Master up to 35 metres near coastal task book
- 600 days, without a task book.
You must complete at least half of the qualifying sea service required for the certificate in the five years before the application.
If you have completed a task book you must attach a copy of the seafarer details page to your application.
If at least half of your sea service is not to seaward of sheltered waters, your certificate will be restricted to sheltered waters.
You need to submit at least one of the following as proof of qualifying sea service:
- Record of sea service form 771
- an approved sea service log book
- the on board sea service record from your task book
- a letter from the vessel operator, owner, master or chief engineer detailing your sea service.
Read more about qualifying sea service.
If you want a task book
For this certificate you should use a Master <35m task book. You can get a Master <35m Task Book from us or from some registered training organisations. To order a task book directly from us, use the AMSA chargeable publications order form.
Read more about task books.