You need to show you have 120 days at sea, as officer of the watch, in the last five years.
You need to submit at least one of the following as proof of qualifying sea service:
- Record of sea service form 771
- an approved sea service log book
- the on board sea service record from your task book
- a letter from the vessel operator, owner, master or chief engineer detailing your sea service.
If you do not have the required the sea service you need to show you have of one of the following:
- completed an approved final assessment
- at least 60 days sea service in the last 6 months
- for a seasonal fisher, worked in a seasonal fishery for at least 120 days in the 5 years before the application
- other approved industry experience (for example, state or territory marine safety agency assessor, fleet manager, shore-side servicing, maritime studies teacher at a registered training organisation, marine surveyor)
- completed the Master <35m task book since obtaining your Mate less than 80 metres near coastal.'
Read more about qualifying sea service.
If you want a task book
To revalidate this certificate you can use a Master <35m task book. You can get a Master <35m task book from us or from some registered training organisations. To order a task book directly from us, use the AMSA chargeable publications order form.
Read more about task books.