National System for Domestic Commercial Vessel Safety
Making safety simple – working under the National System
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) is responsible for the safety of vessels and the seafarers who are operating in the domestic commercial industry.
The National System
The National System has been designed to improve marine safety and make it easier for seafarers and their vessels to work around Australia.
State and Territory marine safety agencies act as delegates of AMSA and are responsible for the face-to-face operations of the National System.
Latest news and publications
- Upcoming SMS workshops in Queensland for fishing vessels under 10 metres - 10 November 2015
- Safety management resource kit launched - 1 June 2015
- AMSA to deliver full range of services for domestic maritime industry - 29 May 2015
- Read our monthly Working Boats newsletter and sign up to receive news and updates about domestic commercial vessels.
- Do we keep you in the loop? At AMSA we are always looking for ways to improve how we communicate with industry. Complete our communication survey.