Consultation on proposed changes to operational safety requirements for domestic commercial vessels
Tuesday 17 April 2018
We are seeking your comments on the proposed changes to certificates of operation and the operational safety requirements for domestic commercial vessels (Marine Order 504).
The consultation is open until 9 May 2018.
The proposed changes aim to:
- take an outcomes-based approach to the regulation of operational safety
- incorporate the operational requirements of the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) Part E and Part F into the new Marine Order 504
- incorporate two general exemptions on crewing
- end transitional arrangements for operational safety, with the exception of crewing
- clarify crewing arrangements and replace ‘core complement’ with a simpler concept of ‘minimum crewing’
- simplify and clarify operational requirements with safety management systems.
Find out more about the changes and provide your feedback.