Our registered training organisation—courses and qualifications
We currently offer the following nationally recognised training:
Search and rescue training
Training is delivered under arrangements for coordinating maritime and aviation search and rescue within Australia and is available to our employees and air search observers through their state or territory coordinator.
Air search observer course
- PUAAMS001B Work in an aviation environment
- PUAAMS002B Search as a member of an air search team
National Plan and marine environment training
Training is delivered under the National Plan and intergovernmental arrangements and is available to our employees and marine pollution responders through their state or territory coordinator.
Further information is available at: National Plan training.
Basic equipment operator course*
- PUAOIL201 Use basic equipment operations for oil spill response
Advanced equipment operator course
- PUAOIL302 Use advanced equipment operations for oil spill response
Incident management team (IMT) course*
- PUAOIL401 Apply decision making strategies in an oil spill response
Incident controller course (level 2)
- PUAOPE018A Control a level 2 incident
Incident controller course (level 3)
- PUAOPE019A Control a level 3 incident
- PMAOMIR650B Manage a crisis
Planning officer course
- PUAOPE025A Manage planning for a level 2 incident
Operations officer course
- PUAOPE023A Manage operations for a level 2 incident
- PUAOPE024A Manage operations for a level 3 incident
Logistics officer course
- PUAOPE022A Manage logistics for a level 2 incident
- PSPPCM001 Carry out basic procurement
Oiled shoreline response course*
- PUAOIL301 Apply health, safety and risk controls when working on oiled shorelines
- PUAOIL402 Apply oiled shoreline assessment strategies in an oil spill response
- PUAOIL403 Lead a team in oiled shoreline clean up
* Training and assessment is also delivered on behalf of our RTO under third party agreement with the Department of Transport, Western Australia.
RTO key contacts
Our RTO Head Office is located at:
82 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon ACT 2612
Phone: 02 6279 5000
RTO Chief Executive Officer
Mr Mark Morrow, General Manager Response
RTO High Managerial Agent
Mr Jamie Storrie, Manager Crisis Preparedness and Response
Mrs Lynne McWilliam, Senior Officer RTO
Our RTO values your feedback as it provides us with the opportunity to address any concerns and improve the quality of our training and assessment services, including those delivered on our behalf by any third party.
Email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints and appeals
Our RTO manages complaints and appeals in a transparent manner which enables our learners to be informed of, and to understand their rights and obligations.
Our mission and objectives
Our mission is to support our broader organisational vision of ‘safe and clean seas, saving lives’. In supporting this vision, we will aim to deliver high quality training and assessment that meets the needs of our learners and the maritime industry, and is consistent with the Australian Qualifications Framework and complies with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
Nationally recognised training
RTO Code: 88033
ABN: 65 377 938 320
RTO Type: Enterprise – Government