Marine order 70—Seafarer certification
Seafarer certification and qualifications.
Marine Order 70 (Seafarer certification) provides information about:
- application and eligibility requirements for seafarer qualifications
- recognition of international qualifications
- revalidation and endorsement of qualifications
- training courses
- audits of training courses.
- International conventions
- International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers 1978—STCW Convention, and STCW Code
- International Code of Safety for High-Speed Craft, 2000 (HSC Code 2000), IMO resolution MSC.97(73) as amended from time to time
- International Code of Safety for Ships using Gases or other Low-flashpoint Fuels (IGF Code), IMO Resolution MSC.391(95)
- International Code for Ships Operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code) adopted by IMO Resolutions MSC.385(94) and MEPC. 264(68)