Exemption 34—Marine Safety (Expired perpetual certificates) 2017
Marine Safety (Expired perpetual certificates) Exemption 2017 (Exemption 34) is issued by the National Regulator under section 9 and subsection 143(1) of the Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law.
What will this exemption allow me to do?
You do not have to meet all the conditions of a certificate of competency related to your position on your vessel including:
- Provide evidence of completion of a course
- Fulfill sea time requirements.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for this exemption if you held a certificate of competency that was:
- issued under a law of New South Wales
- expired because of clause 5 of Schedule 8 of the Marine Safety (Commercial Vessels) Regulation 2010 (NSW)
- was previously a perpetual certificate.
You may also be eligible for this exemption if you applied for a certificate of competency that is an equivalent qualification.
Your approval may be subject to additional conditions.