Exemption 34—Marine Safety (Expired perpetual certificates)
If you are applying for a certificate of competency, you may be able to use this exemption.
You do not need to apply separately for the exemption.
What this exemption will allow you to do
Exemption 34 exempts you from needing to meet certain criteria for a certificate of competency including:
- providing evidence of completion of a course mentioned in Schedule 1 of NSCV Part D
- fulfilling sea time requirements mentioned in Marine Order 505.
You are eligible for this exemption if you:
- held a certificate of competency that was:
- issued under a law of New South Wales
- expired because of clause 5 of Schedule 8 of the Marine Safety (Commercial Vessels) Regulation 2010 (NSW)
- was a perpetual certificate, and
- applied for a certificate of competency that is an equivalent qualification mentioned in Schedule 3 of NSCV Part D
Your certificate of competency approval may be subject to additional conditions.
Legislation and incorporated material
- Domestic qualifications
- Certificate of competency
- Certificate of competency exemptions extended to 2020
- Fees, levies, and payments
- Tenders and auxiliary vessels
- Exemption 34 - In force 17 February 2014