You need to show you have 120 days of sea service in the last five years performing Engineer class 3 duties.
You need to submit at least one of the following as proof of qualifying sea service:
- Record of sea service form 771
- an approved sea service log book
- the on board sea service record from your task book
- a letter from the vessel operator, owner, master or chief engineer detailing your sea service.
Read more about qualifying sea service.
If you do not have the required the sea service you need to show you have of one of the following:
- completed an approved final assessment
- at least 60 days sea service in the last 6 months
- for a seasonal fisher, worked in a seasonal fishery for at least 120 days in the 5 years before your application
- other approved industry experience (for example, state or territory marine safety agency assessor, fleet manager, shore-side servicing, maritime studies teacher at a registered training organisation, marine surveyor)
- completed the Engineer class 3 near coastal task book since obtaining your Engineer class 3 near coastal certificate of competency.
If you want a task book
You can get an Engineer class 3 task book from us or from some registered training organisations. To order a task book directly from us, use the AMSA chargeable publications order form.
Read more about task books.
Provide existing certificates
As part of your revalidation application you must submit a copy of your:
- existing certificate of competency
- valid HLTAID011 Provide first aid certificate, or equivalent.