Application for certificate of insurance – civil liability convention (oil tankers)
You can use this form to apply for a Certificate of insurance – civil liability convention (oil tankers).
How to complete this form
- Ensure that the application form and the P&I Club Blue Card accurately reflect the ownership details of the vessel (for Australian vessels, as per details held in the Australian register of ships).
- Charter details as well as ownership details should be listed on both the application and the blue card.
- Ensure that details on the application form are consistent with the blue card ie address details, ports of registry etc.
- A fee of A$70 is payable for the issue of a first certificate or, in the case of certificate renewal, when substantial changes are made.
- A fee of A$40 is payable on annual renewal of the certificate where existing insurance arrangements continue, or are not substantially changed.
- Please complete the application form using the explanatory notes on the right hand side of each page.
Submitting the form
You can submit your enquiries and completed applications to:
Ship Inspection and Registration
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
82 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon, ACT
GPO Box 2181 Canberra City 2601
Ph (02) 6279 5040
Fax (02) 6279 5026