Support services available to the industry
We will provide up to date information as it becomes available.
- You can find the most up to date information at the Treasury.
- For information on finical assistance for businesses visit: business.gov.au
- The Australian Tax Office also has information available to assist.
- Individuals can visit Services Australia for more information on payments and services if you're affected by COVID-19.
- Your state or territory government can also help you find support during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic: ACT, NSW , QLD, SA, TAS, WA, VIC, NT
There are a range of resources available to support Australian seafarers. You can find a list of organisations on our website.
If you are experiencing personal crisis, or are concerned for a loved one, you can call the following services for assistance and counselling:
- Australian Red Cross on 1300 554 419
- 24/7 Lifeline crisis support line on 13 11 14
- Beyondblue on 1300 224 636.
More information for industry
Department of Health
- General health information on COVID-19
- Guides and fact sheets.
- Maritime industry fact sheet
- Marine Pilot fact sheet
- Phone numbers of your state or territory public health authority
- AMSA Newsletters
- Coastal Pilots and Pilotage providers Safety Alert
- Seafarer welfare during COVID-19 outbreak (Tokyo MOU on port state control).
- Marine Notice 2/2020—Extension of standards of training certification and watchkeeping (STCW) certificates
For questions about the temporary ban on international cruise ships or travel restrictions: contact the Australian Border Force Border Operations Centre at +61 1300 368 126
For health-related biosecurity questions while on board: contact the Maritime National Co-ordination Centre 1300 004 605 (operating hours 6am-6pm Australian Central Standard Time, for urgent after hours enquiries call +61 417 666 648)
Maritime Safety Queensland
Fisheries research and development corporation (FRDC)
FRDC have published a special edition of their journal FISH which has some information for the fishery sector.
Didn’t find an answer to your question?
Please contact AMSA Connect on: 1800 627 484, +61 2 6279 5000 or via email to AMSAConnect@amsa.gov.au