Engineering near coastal certificate of competency for Royal Australian Navy seaman officer
How to get an Engineering near coastal certificate of competency if you are a Royal Australian Navy (RAN) officer or rating.
To get a near coastal engineering certificate of competency a RAN officer or rating must meet the following requirements to gain a near coastal certificate of competency:
- Application for a certificate of competency form 534 including one of the following RAN issued certificates:
- MAR20413 Certificate II in maritime operations (Marine engine driver grade 3 near coastal)
- MAR30813 Certificate III in maritime operations (Marine engine driver grade 2 near coastal)
- MAR40513 Certificate IV in maritime operations (Marine engine driver grade 1 near coastal).
- Evidence of sea service as detailed in PMKeyS and Fleet activity schedules. Sea service does not need to be assessed.
- HLT training package unit of competency Provide first aid or a RAN equivalent approved by AMSA.
- A Self declaration of medical fitness form 558 (for Marine engine driver grades 3 and 2 near coastal) or a Certificate of medical fitness form 559 (for Marine engine driver grade 1 near coastal and Engineer class 3)
- Eyesight test certificate or an equivalent approved by AMSA
- Proof of identity
- Two passport-style photos taken in the previous 6 months
- You must submit your application and pay a fee to your local marine safety agency
The following may be accepted as equivalent:
- A RAN Marine technician 2010 competency task journal replaces an AMSA approved task book.
- The RAN MT Operation qualification regime replaces the final assessment requirements.
- Diesel/electric and gas turbine propulsion systems replace inboard diesel engines with propulsion power specified in schedule 1 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 of NSCV Part D.
- The Medical section of the Individual readiness report based on a medical examination by a qualified RAN Medical practitioner replaces a certificate of medical fitness.
- A RAN Initial first aid course is sufficient evidence for completion of HLTAID003.
- RAN First aid refresher training program replaces the HLTFA unit of competency provide first aid—for a period of 3 years.
Engineering near coastal certificates of competency
You may apply for: