Exemption 34—Marine Safety (Expired perpetual certificates) 2017
Marine Safety (Expired perpetual certificates) Exemption 2017 (Exemption 34) is issued by the National Regulator under section 9 and subsection 143(1) of the Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law.
What will this exemption allow me to do?
You do not have to meet all the conditions of a certificate of competency related to your position on your vessel including:
- Provide evidence of completion of a course
- Fulfill sea time requirements.
You are eligible for this exemption if you held a certificate of competency that was:
- issued under a law of New South Wales
- expired because of clause 5 of Schedule 8 of the Marine Safety (Commercial Vessels) Regulation 2010 (NSW)
- was previously a perpetual certificate.
You may also be eligible for this exemption if you applied for a certificate of competency that is an equivalent qualification.
Your approval may be subject to additional conditions.
How to apply
To operate under this exemption please complete the Miscellaneous form 758 and lodge with your local marine safety agency.