Master less than 35 metres near coastal
With this certificate you can command a vessel less than 35 metres near coastal.
This certificate will allow you to work as:
- Master on commercial vessels up to 35 metres long within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
- Master on vessels up to 80 metres long in inshore waters.
- Chief mate or deck watchkeeper on vessels up to 80 metres long within the EEZ.
To be eligible for a Master less than 35 metres near coastal certificate you must:
- Be at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date.
- Hold either a Master less than 24 metres near coastal or Mate less than 80 metres near coastal certificate of competency.
- Meet medical, eyesight, sea service and course requirements.
For more information, select what you need to apply for below.
- Master less than 35 metres near coastal syllabus AMSA 1109
- Oral exam syllabus
- Conduct of oral examinations AMSA 479
Master less than 35 metres near coastal is a domestic certificate of competency issued under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2013.
These instructions are summary information only. We make decisions about seafarer certificates under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2013 and National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) Part D—Crew competencies. These documents have full details of the eligibility and other requirements for certificate applications.