High complexity certificates of competency are:
- Master less than 35 metres near coastal
- Mate less than 80 metres near coastal
- Master less than 80 metres near coastal
- Marine engine driver grade 1 near coastal
- Engineer class 3 near coastal
What do I need to do?
To replace your certificate you will need to:
You must submit your completed forms as part of your Certificate of competency application form 426.
2. Provide existing certificates
You must submit a copy of your valid HLTAID003 Provide first aid certificate, or equivalent.
If possible submit a copy of the certificate of competency you want replaced.
Complete and submit a certificate of competency application
Download and complete a Certificate of competency application form 426.
You will need to complete all sections of the form. You must:Respond yes or no to all questions and statements in the application form.
- Respond yes or no to all questions and statements in the application form.
- Complete all boxes—if the information requested is unknown or not applicable insert N/A.
- Briefly explain why you need to replace your certificate of competency.
- Attach copies of all required documents.
- Sign the declaration.
- Submit your application and pay a fee at an AMSA-contracted Australia Post outlet.
- Provide proof of identity when you lodge your application.
Read more about completing and submitting your application for a domestic certificate.