Accredited vessel traffic services training organisations
We can provide accreditation for vessel traffic services (VTS) training organisations.
We have accredited* the following Australian training organisations to deliver VTS training based on IALA Recommendation V-103 on Standards for Training and Certification of VTS Personnel.
Guidance on the accreditation and approval process can be found in IALA Guideline 1014 on the Accreditation and Approval Process for VTS Training.
The Australian Maritime College
Approved Model Courses
- V-103/1 on vessel traffic services operator training
- V-103/2 on vessel traffic services supervisor training
- V-103/4 on vessel traffic services on-the-job training Instructor
Tel: +61 3 6324 9850
Approved Model Courses
- V-103/1 on Vessel Traffic Services Operator Training
- V-103/2 on Vessel Traffic Services Supervisor Training
Tel: +61 (0)3 6330 2929
Becoming an accredited VTS training organisation
Under Marine Order 64 (Vessel Traffic Services), we can provide for the accreditation and auditing of VTS training organisations.
A prospective organisation may apply to us for accreditation as a VTS training organisation at any time.
For accreditation, we must be satisfied that:
- the applicant is a registered training organisation with the Australian Skills Quality Authority or the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
- the applicant can meet the responsibilities of a VTS training organisation outlined in IALA Guideline 1014 on the Accreditation and Approval Process for VTS Training.
To assess applications, we will conduct an audit of the applicant’s operations to ensure they meet the criteria.
Certificate of accreditation
Accredited VTS training organisations are provided with a certificate of accreditation which states:
- the approved VTS training courses the organisation may provide
- any conditions with which the organisation must comply.
Conditions on accreditation
A VTS training organisation must operate in accordance with IALA Guideline 1014 on the Accreditation and Approval Process for VTS Training.
Term of accreditation
VTS training organisations are accredited for a period of 5 years, if our ongoing audit requirements are successfully met.
Find out more about VTS in Australia.
* Accredited as at 1 August 2013. Consult the individual training organisation to confirm their authorisation status as required.