Commercial vessel risk and safety management workshop Mackay
Free workshop in Mackay for commercial fishermen—Tuesday 30 January.
The Commercial vessel risk and safety management workshop provided participants with:
- an understanding of the benefits of implementing a Safety Management System (SMS) for their operation
- the foundation skills to identify and manage risk and then develop and implement a simple but effective SMS.
What’s in it for you?
- Learn how to create or improve your SMS documents to align them with requirements of the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) Part E – Operations
- Improve your capacity to carry out a risk assessment for your operations
- Learn how to use your SMS to effectively manage and control risks
- Learn easy ways to increase your crew’s understanding of your SMS
What can you expect?
- To work with other commercial fishermen and crew in an informal setting
- To benefit from the collective experience and knowledge of other commercial fishermen and crew
- To carry out a risk assessment around local fishing operations in a no nonsense way, guided by qualified staff from Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) and Maritime Safety Queensland
Date: Tuesday 30 January 2018
Time: 9.30 am start—concludes by 1.30 pm
Cost: Free—morning tea and lunch provided
Location: Mackay VMR, Mulherin Drive, Mackay Harbour
Download the flyer (PDF 285 KB)
To hear about upcoming workshops, subscribe to our AMSA update newsletter.