Forms for international seafarers
Find forms you might need to make sure you hold the right qualifications.
When you apply for a qualification in Australia, there will be forms you need to complete to support your application. If you know which form you need, find it here. If you have a question, contact us.
Seafarer form 419
Seafarer form 419 allows you to apply for one or more of these qualifications:
- Sea service assessment – Deck and Engineer officers including recognition (not applicable for rating).
- Certificate and/or endorsement (Certificate of competency deck and engineer officers require positive AMSA sea service assessment).
- Replacement of a certificate or endorsement (only to be used if your existing certificate is lost/stolen/damaged or you have had a change of personal details).
- Recognition of certificate, initial issue and revalidation of recognition (prerequisite for initial issue: positive AMSA sea service assessment).
- Revalidation of a certificate or endorsement.
- Australian seafarer’s service book.
- Assessment only for Royal Australian Navy navigation seaman officers and Royal Australian Navy engineering.
Other marine qualifications forms
- Application for a minimum safe manning document form 93
- Minimum safe manning credit card payment authorisation form 118
- Application for certificate of equivalence form 326
- Certificate of medical fitness form 303
- Marine qualifications credit card payment authority form 161
- Medical examination report form 232
- Seafarer’s application for assessment of overseas qualifications for the purpose of a migration application form 12
- Steering certificate form 122
- Audit of AMSA approved training organisations – record of courses and lecturers' qualifications form 1004.