Verifying an AMSA certificate
How to get certificates we have issued to you, or your seafarers, certified online.
We have a procedure which allows marine administrations and shipping companies to verify the validity of a certificate we have issued under International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW).
Send the following details to us via email to gain authority to access our seafarer qualification verification website:
- Name of applicant who is applying to gain access to our seafarer qualification verification website
- The position held by the applicant in the maritime administration or shipping company
- The name of the maritime administration or shipping company
- The applicant’s business email address
- The applicant’s telephone number (include country and area codes).
When we have considered and accepted your application, we will send you a unique password to gain access to the seafarer qualification verification website.
We require you to keep the password in a secure site.
Using the website
The process for using the website is as follows:
- Enter your unique password (case sensitive) to access the website.
- You will then be prompted for the certificate number and the seafarer’s personal identification number (in small print). For a passport style certificate, both numbers are located at the top of the inner page of the front cover, for a credit sized certificate it is located on the face of the certificate, and for an A4 sized paper certificate both numbers are located at the bottom of the certificate.
- The webpage will then provide the following seafarer’s certificate information:
- Certificate status
- Certificate number
- Personal identification number (PIN)
- Name of certificate holder
- Certificate grade
- Issue date of certificate
- Expiry date of certificate
- Date of birth