The award is for contributions made during 2021. It is open to VTS authorities, VTS centres, individual VTS’s and individuals employed by VTS authorities.
The nomination may relate to a particular event or a contribution over a period of time, for example:
- An event where a VTS contributed to the safety of life at sea, improved the safety and efficiency of navigation, or supported the protection of the environment within a VTS area by mitigating the development of an unsafe situation.
- How the VTS helped another agency with a successful response activity (e.g. pollution response).
- Leadership and innovation that contributed to signiﬁcant enhancements to the service provided, or to the national or international framework for VTS.
- Demonstrated improvements to safety and/or eﬃciency, safety culture, and delivery of service through performance monitoring.
Making a nomination
Any person or organisation can submit a nomination for the VTS award.
Tips for nominating
You can help the selection panel by making sure your information is complete. The panel will not contact you for more information.
- Brieﬂy explain the situation, the actions taken, and what was achieved
- Use plain language and headings.
- Provide evidence. This may include photographs, reports, letters, witness contact details and multimedia ﬁles such as incident replays, voice ﬁles or screen captures (be careful not to share information without seeking consent).
For more information contact email@example.com