Pre-audit supporting documents to become an authorised VTS Authority
An entity must apply to be authorised to provide a vessel traffic service for a VTS area.
Complete the application form (AMSA445) and submit the pre-audit supporting documents to AMSA.
Pre-audit supporting documents
The pre-audit compliance matrix documents assist entities to assess and monitor the delivery of their operations with regards to international obligations, the Navigation Act 2012, IALA standards, recommendations and guidelines, as well as, recognised ‘international good practice’.
The following supporting documents must be completed and submitted as part of the application:
- Compliance matrix—IMO resolution A.857(20) guidelines form AMSA499
- Conformance with IALA recommendation V-119 on implementation form AMSA447
- Conformance with IALA recommendation O-132 on quality management for aids to navigation authorities form AMSA448
- Conformance with IALA guidelines V-127 on operational procedures form AMSA449
- Conformance with IALA guideline 1089 on provision of VTS (INS, TOS & NAS) form AMSA450
- Conformance with IALA recommendation V-103 on the standards for training and certification of personnel form AMSA475
- Conformance with IALA recommendation V-128 on operational and technical performance requirements for equipment form AMSA476
- Conformance with IALA guideline 1083 on standard nomenclature to identify and refer to VTS centres form AMSA447