Marine order 11—Living and working conditions on vessels
Ensuring the welfare of seafarers.
1 May 2015
Marine Order 11 (Living and working conditions on vessels) 2015 provides information about:
- requirements for seafarers working on vessels
- conditions of employment
- accommodation and food and catering
- health protection, medical care, welfare and social security protection
- noise levels on board vessels
- additional requirements for living and working conditions on regulated Australian vessels.
The previous marine order about accommodation on vessels, Marine Order Part 14: Accommodation, Issue 1 (was in force on 30 June 2013) is still relevant for some aspects of Marine Order 11. To find out more, see section 6(6) of Marine Order Part 14: Accommodation, Issue 1.
- Medical carriage requirements on regulated Australian vessels
- International conventions (how to access)
- Maritime Labour Convention, International Labour Organization
- Accident prevention on board ship and in port: an ILO Code of practice, International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Ambient factors in the workplace: an ILO Code of practice, (ILO)
- Code of noise levels on board ships; International Maritime Organization (IMO) resolutions A.468(XII) and MSC.337(91)
- Guidelines for drinking-water quality, 2011, 4th edition, World Health Organization
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code) (access, borrow or purchase)
- International medical guide for ships, third edition, World Health Organization
- Ships and marine technology – Air-conditioning and ventilation of accommodation spaces – Design conditions and basis of calculations, ISO standard 7547/2002 (borrow or purchase)