Marine order 34—Solid bulk cargoes
Vessels carrying solid bulk cargo.
1 January 2017
Marine Order 34 (Solid bulk cargoes) 2016 provides information about the:
- loading, stowing, carriage and unloading of solid bulk cargo and dangerous goods in solid form
- requirements of the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code and Bulk Loading and Unloading Code.
- International conventions
- Code of practice for the safe loading and unloading of bulk carriers, IMO Resolution A.862 (20) as amended by MSC.238(82), MSC.304(87)
- International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code, adopted by IMO Resolution MSC.268(85), amended by MSC.318(89), MSC.354(92), MSC.393(95)
- Medical first-aid guide for use in accidents involving dangerous goods (access)
- Guidelines for developing and approving procedures for sampling, testing and controlling the moisture content for solid bulk cargoes which may liquefy, IMO Circular MSC.1/Circ.1454 (register) (also included in the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes (IMSBC) Code)
- Recommendations on the safe use of pesticides in ships applicable to the fumigation of cargo holds, IMO Circular MSC.1/Circ.1264 (register)
Last updated: 26 February 2018
Last reviewed: 26 February 2018