Marine order 41—Carriage of dangerous goods
This marine order provides information about keeping dangerous goods safe.
1 January 2018
Marine Order 41 (Carriage of dangerous goods) 2017 provides information about:
- carriage of dangerous goods in packaged form
- special requirements for the carriage of packaged irradiated nuclear fuel, plutonium and high-level radioactive wastes on board vessels
- notice of intention to ship dangerous goods in vessels
- incidents at sea involving dangerous goods.
- International conventions
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code
- International Code for the Safe Carriage of Packaged Irradiated Nuclear Fuel, Plutonium and High-Level Radioactive Wastes on Board Ships (INF Code)
- IMO/ILO/UNECE Code of Practice for Packing of Cargo Transport Units (CTU Code)
- Recommendations on the Safe Use of Pesticides in Ships
- Australian Standard AS 1210—2010 Pressure Vessels; ISO 16528-1:2007 Boilers and pressure vessels (borrow or purchase)
- Revised Recommendations on the Safe Transport of Dangerous Cargoes and Related Activities in Port Areas (access)
- Annex of IMO Resolution A.851(20), as amended See Guidelines for Reporting Incidents involving Dangerous Goods, Harmful Substances and/or Marine Pollutants