Marine order 47—Mobile offshore drilling units
Requirements for mobile offshore drilling units.
Marine Order 47 (Mobile offshore drilling units) 2012 provides information about:
- requirements for the design, construction, machinery and equipment of a mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU)
- safe navigation and operation of a MODU.
- International conventions
- Code for the Construction and Equipment of Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, 1979 (1979 MODU Code), International Maritime Organization (IMO) resolution A.414(XI) as amended by MSC/Circ.561), MSC.357(92), MSC.382(94)
- Code for the Construction and Equipment of Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, 1989 (1989 MODU Code), IMO resolution A.649(16) as amended by MSC.187(79), MSC.358(92), MSC.383(94), MSC/Circ.561
- Code for the Construction and Equipment of Mobile Offshore Drilling Units, 2009 (2009 MODU Code), IMO resolution A.1023 (26)Corr.1, amended by MSC.359(92), MSC.387(94) MSC.384(94), guidelines MSC.1/Circ.1486
- Recommendations for the training and certification of personnel on mobile offshore units (MOUs), IMO resolution A.1079(28)
- Guidelines for the evaluation, testing and application of low-location lighting on passenger ships, IMO resolution A.752(18)
- International Code for Application of Fire Test Procedures (FTP Code), IMO resolution MSC.61(67)as amended by MSC.101(73) and MSC.173(79)
- Revised guidelines for approval of sprinkler systems equivalent to that referred to in SOLAS Regulation II-2/12, IMO resolution A.800(19) as amended by MSC.284(86)
- Standards for on-board helicopter facilities, IMO resolution A.855(20)
- Code on Alerts and Indicators, IMO resolution A.1021(26)
- International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers 1978 (STCW Convention)