Marine order 53—Vessels in polar waters
Requirements for vessels travelling in the Arctic and Antarctic.
1 July 2017
Marine Order 53 (Vessels in Polar Waters) 2017 provides information about the:
- certification of vessels to meet polar code survey requirements
- safe operation of vessels in polar waters.
- International conventions
- International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) (search, register or borrow)
- International Code for Ships Operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code), IMO Resolution MEPC. 264(68)
Last updated: 26 February 2018
Last reviewed: 26 February 2018