Marine order 63—Vessel reporting systems
Ship tracking and reporting systems.
1 January 2016
Marine Order 63 (Vessel Reporting Systems) 2016 provides information about vessels traveling in Australian designated reporting areas. The two areas include the:
- Modernised Australian ship tracking and reporting system (MASTREP) area. The Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Australia is responsible for this area as described in the International Maritime Organization's Global Integrated Shipping Information System module Radiocommunications and search and rescue.
- Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait Ship Reporting System (REEFREP) area for mandatory ship reporting as mentioned in IMO Resolution MSC.52(66).
- International Code for the Safe Carriage of Packaged Irradiated Nuclear Fuel, Plutonium and High-Level Radioactive Wastes on Board Ships (INF Code) (access or borrow)
- IMO GISIS module Radiocommunications and search and rescue (register)
- Admiralty List of Radio Signals (borrow or purchase)
- Revised guidelines for the onboard operational use of shipborne automatic identification systems (AIS), IMO resolution A.1106(29)
- IMO Standard Marine Communications Phrases, IMO resolution A.918(22)