Marine order 97—Marine pollution prevention—air pollution
Protecting the marine environment from air pollution.
3 September 2013
Marine Order 97 (Marine Pollution Prevention) 2013 provides information about prevention of air pollution by vessels including:
- certification requirements
- reporting requirements
- incineration on board a vessel
- energy efficiency
- servicing and record keeping.
- International conventions and International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL)
- Regulations for the prevention of air pollution from ships (MARPOL Annex VI) (access, borrow or purchase)
- NOx Technical Code, IMO resolution MEPC.177(58)
- 2014 Standard specification for shipboard incinerators, IMO resolution MEPC.244(66)
- 2014 Guidelines on the method of calculation of the attained Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) for new ships, International Maritime Organization (IMO) resolution MEPC.245(66), amended by MEPC.263(68)
- 2015 Guidelines for exhaust gas cleaning systems, IMO resolution MEPC.259(68)