National Plan training courses and workshops
The National Plan for Maritime Environmental Emergencies is a cooperative arrangement involving:
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA)
- Australian states and territories
- Petroleum, chemical and shipping industries.
The National Plan aims to maximise Australia’s marine pollution response capabilities.
Online learning centre
The online course Introduction to pollution response consists of four modules:
- The National Plan
- Health and safety in an oil spill
- Introduction to oil spills
- Introduction to chemical spills.
These modules are available to everyone.
There is no cost or timeframe for completion, with one exception. Participants attending any AMSA National Plan management training are required to complete these four modules as they underpin learning.
The modules should take approximately four hours in total and must be completed prior to attending.
Modules can be accessed from the AMSA Learning Centre.
A certificate of completion will be forwarded once you have successfully completed the modules.
Course descriptions and dates
Organisations interested in training personnel to provide assistance in marine incident response are encouraged to take advantage of the courses offered by various National Plan organisations.
If you or personnel in your organisation are interested in participating in any of the courses offered, contact the relevant training coordinator for further details.
All course dates and venues are subject to change.
View the training calendar for 2019.
Read the National Plan course descriptions.
State, territory, and New Zealand training coordinators:
- Australian Capital Territory: Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- New South Wales: Transport for NSW
- New Zealand: Maritime New Zealand
- Northern Territory: Northern Territory Department of Lands and Planning
- Queensland: Maritime Safety Queensland
- South Australia: Department of Transport, Energy and Infrastructure
- Tasmania: Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- Victoria: Department of Transport Victoria
- Western Australia: Department of Transport
- Australia: Australian Marine Oil Spill Centre (AMOSC)