Our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. For a faster response, please email your enquiry to email@example.com and one of our team will respond to you shortly.
AMSA business policy
A key part of demonstrating our commitment is comparing what we do against international best practice, as captured in the three quality standards we are certified to:
- AS/NZ AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management Systems
- AS/NZS 4801: 2001 Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems
- AS/NZS ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management Systems.
AMSA achieved recertification against these standards in February 2019. The AMSA Executive, and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Committee govern the management system.
The services we deliver under the three standards are described under the nine strategic priorities and core business areas detailed in the Corporate Plan. The strategic priorities and broad core business activities are the key objectives of our management system.
Performance is reported through quarterly reporting, six-monthly management reviews and annual performance reporting.
The standards require us to reaffirm our commitment annually by publishing a Business Policy signed by the Chief Executive Officer.
Quality, environmental, and workplace health and safety.
AMSA is tasked with:
- Maintaining safety and environmental protection standards for the responsible operation of domestic commercial vessels, regulated Australian vessels and foreign-flagged vessels operating in Australian waters, and safety of seafarers.
- Promoting decent working and living conditions for seafarers on vessels.
- Monitoring compliance with safety and environment protection standards.
- Responding to threats in the marine environment.
- Providing systems that aid safe marine navigation.
- Detecting, locating and rescuing people in maritime and aviation distress situations.
In delivering these outcomes, we are committed to providing the highest quality services, protecting the environment, and upholding exemplary standards of workplace health and safety.
We will meet these commitments by:
- Complying with all applicable local, national and international laws, regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment for the prevention of work- related injury and ill health.
- Setting, reviewing, publishing, and achieving measurable corporate goals and targets to continuously improve the organisation and our outcomes.
- Promoting a corporate culture supporting quality that recognises and implements agreed business improvement initiatives and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Identifying, implementing, and improving processes and practices that support the requirements and objectives of the quality (ISO 9001), environmental (ISO 14001) and occupational health and safety (ISO 45001) standards and the integrated management system.
- Having a risk-based process in place for the identification, classification, prioritization and control of hazards and risks.
- Encouraging individual responsibility for quality, environmental and workplace health and safety practices which are supported through strong senior management endorsement.
- Working closely and cooperatively with employees, contractors, suppliers, clients and stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Demonstrating strong senior management leadership and accountability for the effectiveness of the integrated management system.
- Enhancing and improving customer satisfaction by ensuring a focus on customers and service delivery.
- Encouraging suppliers of goods and services to demonstrate compliance with quality, environmental and workplace health and safety standards in contractual arrangements, where relevant.
- Encouraging participation and enabling consultation with workers and/or their representatives on OHS matters.
- AMSA will seek to minimise its impact on the environment and prevention of pollution.
Chief Executive Officer