Our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. For a faster response, please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will respond to you shortly.
Incomplete application policy for international and near coastal seafarer certificates and endorsements
We consider an incomplete application that has, but is not limited to, any of the following:
- missing course completion statement(s)
- missing STCW short course statement(s)
- missing valid first aid certificate (near coastal)
- incomplete evidence of sea service
- sections of the form not complete
- incorrect personal details such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
- missing or out of date medical examination certificate
- missing signatures
- missing recent colour passport style photograph
- illegible documents (for instance: poor quality photocopy or scanned documents)
If the application form is not filled in correctly or required documents are missing or out of date or illegible then it will result in your application being considered incomplete.
An email detailing the issue(s) with the application will be sent to you for your action. It is your responsibility to provide the information as quickly as possible to us so the application can be processed and the certificate or endorsement issued with minimal delay.
You should note the following important points:
- You will be given one calendar month in which to address all the issues outlined in the email and resubmit a complete application or missing or illegible documentation. The application fee will be held for this period.
- If a complete application or missing or replacement documentation has not been received within one calendar month, the application will be closed with the loss of the fee you paid and all subsequent applications will need to be paid for in full.
- If you resubmit the application within one calendar month and the application is still found to be incomplete, including missing or illegible documentation, the application will be closed with the loss of the fee you paid and any subsequent application will need to be paid for in full.
- If you submit an application for a certificate or endorsement that you are not entitled to, you will receive a full refund.
- If you accidentally apply for the same certificate or endorsement multiple times, the excess fee you paid will be refunded in full.
- If you apply for a higher grade certificate that you are not entitled to, but you are entitled to a lower grade certificate, the difference in certificate cost will be refunded in full.
Your assistance in this matter is appreciated. By reducing the time spent on incomplete applications, we will be able to process correct applications faster and provide a better service to the maritime industry.