Exemption 22—Marine Safety (Bareboats)
You do not need to apply to us for this exemption.
You will need to keep your supporting documents on board and ready to be presented to authorities if required.
What this exemption will allow you to do
Exemption 22 exempts a person from the requirement to hold a certificate of competency that would be required for a bareboat operation, including operating a service vessel for a bareboat (owned by the owner of the bareboat) and delivering a bareboat.
To be eligible for Exemption 22, you must:
- hold a Coxswain Grade 1 NC certificate of competency
- be granted approval from AMSA for the bareboat operation.
Legislation and incorporated material
- Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency—national law)
- National Standard for Commercial Vessels
- Marine Order 504 (Certificates of operation and operation requirements—national law)
- Domestic qualifications
- Certificates of operation
- Fees, levies, and payments
- Tenders and auxiliary vessels
- Exemption 22 - In force on 1 July 2013 (PDF 48.34 KB)