Our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. For a faster response, please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will respond to you shortly.
Fixed Wing Aerial Dispersant Capability
The capability requires six aircraft that are maintained in strategic locations to respond to oil spills on a 24/7 basis. The current capability provides a capacity to respond to an incident within short time periods. Some of the requirements of the FWADC include:
- six primary aircraft located around Australia
- availability to fly within a specified time period from activation
- suitably equipped to undertake aerial dispersant application activities in the marine environment
- the ability to operate offshore (up to 200 nautical miles from the coast)
- provision of adequately-trained personnel to support contract requirements.