The approved TAGS books include:
- TAGS book 1—Shipboard induction, shipboard procedures, engine room duties, work health and safety/occupational health and safety requirements
TAGS Book 1 is available as two separate volumes.
- Suitable for trainees getting a Navigational watch rating certificate.
- Suitable for trainees getting an Engine watch rating certificate.
- TAGS book 2—Survival management, survival craft, firefighting and prevention
- TAGS book 3—Engine room, deck machinery
- TAGS book 4—Ships maintenance and marine rigging
- TAGS book 5—Dry cargo, liquid cargo, offshore vessels
After four months qualifying sea service and completion of TAGS book 1, you may receive STCW Regulation II/4 – ratings assisting in keeping a navigation watch and STCW Regulation III/4 – ratings assisting in keeping in an engine room watch.