Our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. For a faster response, please email your enquiry to email@example.com and one of our team will respond to you shortly.
Finance and cost recovery training
Pollution responders may perform or support the role of finance officer in an incident management team. This course is designed to assist that role.
In this course, you will gain an understanding of finance and cost recovery arrangements.
Module 1—finance and cost arrangements
This module provides:
- An overview of international conventions.
- The claims and limits of liability and responsibilities for pollution.
- The various types of ship insurance and how they respond to major incidents.
It also looks at:
- How the National Plan affects and is applied to marine incidents at the time of the event.
- Types of admissible claims.
- Post-spill actions.
Module 2—claim preparation
Claimants must prove their loss by providing appropriate evidence.
This module looks at:
- How to prepare a claim.
- The format of the claim.
- The relevant supporting documentation.
You will learn to identify the elements to consider while preparing a claim following an oil spill incident.
You will learn:
- How to correctly compile a claim and identify the financial implications.
- The importance of submitting correct claims.