Safety guidelines for marine adventure tourism operators
A guide to help domestic commercial marine adventure tourism operators develop their safety management systems (SMS)
If you run a marine adventure tourism operation, these guidelines will help you develop, maintain and implement an effective safety management system. This means better safety for everyone and a better passenger experience.
Marine adventure tourism operations include operations such as:
- Personal watercraft (PWC) hire, tours, and aerial freestyle devices
- Parasailing and towed watersports
- Air boats carrying passengers
- High speed adventure activities (including thrill rides)
- E.g fast craft, jetboats, ocean collared vessels.
In the guide you’ll find:
- lists of passenger safety equipment and restraining methods that may be relevant
- a safety briefing checklist
- example emergency response plans and procedures.
AMSA co-developed these guidelines with experienced operators and associated professionals in marine adventure tourism operations. This helped make sure the guidelines are practical, effective, and tailored to the specific needs and challenges of the industry.
For more information about the guidelines, please contact us.