Our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. For a faster response, please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will respond to you shortly.
Exemption 39—Marine Safety (Lifejacket lights)
You do not need to apply to us for this exemption.
What this exemption will allow you to do
Exemption 39 exempts a passenger vessel in service category 1C from the requirement for passenger lifejackets to have a light that complies with the requirement in the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) Part C7A – Safety equipment.
However, compliant lights must be fixed to lifejackets for the master and crew.
Legislation and incorporated material
- Marine Order 503 (Certificates of survey—national law)
- Exemption 02 – Certificates of survey
- National Standard for Commercial Vessels
- Marine Order 25 (equipment—lifesaving)
- Vessel classes and service categories
- Tenders and auxiliary vessels