Application for class C restricted operations
You can use this form to apply for a class C restricted operations permit under Marine Safety (Class C restricted operations) Exemption 2018 (also known as Exemption 40 or EX40) instead of a certificate of survey.
We must receive the required vessel survey reports before your application can be progressed.
If the vessel survey is complete, please ensure your surveyor submits the survey reports to us promptly.
If your vessel is yet to be surveyed, we will need the survey reports to be provided before your application can be assessed.
Your vessel must:
- be less than 12 metres long
- be a Class 2 (non-passenger) or Class 3 (fishing) vessel
- only operate in the part of operational area C, D and E waters that is approved for the vessel’s length
- comply with the conditions specified in Schedule 1 of the exemption
- undergo an initial survey by an accredited marine surveyor.
How to complete this form
You can use the link below to either:
- complete and submit online
- partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.
Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.
If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract or trust deed.
Submitting the form
You can submit the form online or post it to us at:
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601
Check the fees you will need to pay.