Application to vary a certificate of operation
You can use this form to vary a certificate of operation. A variation is appropriate if:
- you want to remove a service category (class) or operation type
- you want to remove a vessel
- you want to add a vessel that is of the same class and operation type as another vessel already listed on the certificate
- your name has changed.
You can also use this form to change your contact details, however if this is the only change you wish to make you can do this without paying a fee by calling AMSA Connect.
Certificates of operation cannot be transferred between different operators. If the ownership of the vessel is changing, the seller may:
- apply using this form to remove the vessel from their current certificate of operation
- apply to revoke the current certificate of operation if it’s no longer needed (for example if the vessel being sold is the only vessel listed and is not being replaced).
The buyer may:
- apply for a new certificate of operation if they do not hold one
- apply to vary an existing certificate of operation using this form if the vessel to be added will have the same class and operation type as at least one vessel already listed on the certificate
- apply for a new certificate of operation if the vessel to be added will not have the same class and operation type as at least one vessel already listed on the certificate.
How to complete this form
You can use the link below to either:
- complete and submit online or
- partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.
Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.
If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract or trust deed.
Submitting the form
You can submit the form online or post it to us at:
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601
Check the fees you will need to pay.