New guidelines for marine adventure tourism operators
AMSA has released new safety guidelines for marine adventure tourism operations.
The guidelines are designed to help you develop, maintain and implement an effective safety management system.
Marine adventure tourism operations include hire, rides, tours or similar activities involving:
- Personal watercraft, including aerial freestyle devices and hover-boards
- Parasailing and towed water sports
- Airboats carrying passengers
- Jet boats
- High-speed adventure vessels, like fast craft, jetboats, ocean collared vessels.
The guidelines contain a range of helpful resources, including:
- lists of passenger safety equipment and restraining methods
- a safety briefing checklist
- recommended extra safety equipment for each vessel type
- example emergency response plans and procedures
- catalogue of training topics for crew.
We thank the operators and industry professionals who have contributed to the guidelines. Your work has helped us meet the specific needs and challenges of the adventure tourism industry.
To learn more and access the new guidelines, visit our webpage for Safety guidelines for marine adventure tourism operators.