Our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. For a faster response, please email your enquiry to email@example.com and one of our team will respond to you shortly.
Pilot advisory notes
These resources will provide you with details about under keel clearance requirements, shallow water alerts, incident reporting and reporting procedures, carriage of electronic charting systems, and more.
All related marine notices
- 19/2015—Use of pilot ladders
- 15/2016—Minimising the risk of collisions with cetaceans
- 3/2016—Under keel clearance management in Torres Strait
- 9/2016—Vessel-helicopter operations
- 11/2016—Bridge Resource Management and expected actions of bridge teams in Australian pilotage waters
- 6/2017—Official nautical charts
- 7/2017—Guidance on ECDIS for ships calling at Australian ports
- 10/2017—VHF marine radios with digital selective calling capability—automatic channel switching
- 13/2017—Ship accommodation ladders with unapproved secondary means of support arrangements
- 2/2019—Responsible navigational practices
- 3/2019—Pilot transfer arrangements
Other related content
Tokyo MOU Safety Bulletin 02/20: Safety of pilots boarding ships with pilot transfer arrangements that use non-approved methods to secure pilot ladders.