Updated marine notice: guidance on Oil Record Book
The guidance document assists compliance with International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) requirements by providing advice to crews on how to record various operations in the Oil Record Book.
In particular, the guidance document provides advice on using the correct codes and item numbers to ensure a more uniform port State control procedure.
The guidance document provides specific examples for recording information for the following:
- collection of oil residues (sludge)
- disposal or transfer of oil residues (sludge)
- non-automatic discharge overboard or other disposal of bilge water which has accumulated in machinery spaces
- automatic discharge overboard or other disposal of bilge water which has accumulated in machinery spaces
- condition of oil filtering equipment
- accidental or other exceptional discharge of oil
- bunkering of fuel or bulk lubricating oil
- tankers with slop tanks, and
- general guidance – additional voluntary recordings.
Find out more by reading Marine Notice 2022/13.