Sea service and task books

Sea service is a requirement for most certificates of competency. You must complete a specified amount of service time on a vessel in support of your application. The time and skills needed for your sea service can be recorded in a task book, sea service form, letter from the vessel operator or a declaration. Use our publications order form to purchase task books, log books, and other record books.