Qualifications & training

You need the right qualifications and training to work on a domestic or international vessel. Find out how to get your ticket.

You will need a certificate of competency to be qualified to work in the Australian maritime industry and on Australian or international vessels in international waters. You must also be properly trained to work in your role in the maritime industry.

In this section